Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Happy Ayyam-i-Ha!

I wanted to share a little bit of our Ayyam-i-Ha preparation and celebration! Abraham is now old enough to really get into it, so it's been a lot of fun coming up with activities and starting family traditions.

First step in building holiday anticipation - decorations! Abraham decorated the house with cut-out hearts and stars, which was easy for me and gave him complete ownership over the process. I also liked that this also meant the decorations were down at his eye level, so he could enjoy them.





Posing so I could snap a photo.

I made the pinwheels actually for a baby shower, but with the idea in mind
of keeping them up for Ayyam-i-Ha decor!

The one on the bed was "for Daddy."



I love the placement of these two hearts together.

So patient for me to snap another photo! :)




Ayyám-i-Há is a Baha'i holiday celebrated from Feb. 26 – Mar. 1. It is a time devoted to spiritual preparation for the Baha'i Fast (which begins March 2nd), celebrating and praising God, hospitality, charity, and gift-giving.

"It behoveth the people of Baha, throughout these days, to provide good cheer for themselves, their kindred and, beyond them, the poor and needy, and with joy and exultation to hail and glorify their Lord, to sing His praise and magnify His Name…"

No comments:

Post a Comment