Sunday, January 27, 2008

writer's block

I'm finding it a little frustrating to write a philosophy of education at this time, because I don't feel that I've fully formed my philosophy yet. I had a perfectly good philosophy before starting grad school; it focused on language arts specifically and discussed multiple intelligences, learning styles, assessment strategies, relevance, creativity, etc, etc. Lots of good stuff. But in just the past semester and past month of grad school, I have learned so much about critical theory, progressivism, moral education, and multiculturalism that I am still trying to wrap my head around and incorporate into my teaching beliefs and practices. I feel that whatever I write as a philosophy now will not be accurate because I have only scratched the surface of some of these topics in my course work, and I have a stack of books and resources that I plan on independently studying. But hopefully this assignment will help me organize my thinking and see where there are gaps in my knowledge. In fact, I've already revised my idea for my Capstone based on my thinking during this assignment and the course readings for this week. But I still hate to write something that I know can't be completely what I want it to be yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment