Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Things to remember

Abraham was pretending to be sad, as he does sometimes (weirdo), and then he said....that candy would make him happy. HA. Hahaha. Nice try, buddy! Luckily, the novelty of eating pretend candy was enough to do the trick.

We are mostly/practically/almost weaned over here. Whew/Hoorah!/Sadface all at the same time. But the point is, he wrote a song yesterday about nursing. As he played the drum, these are the lyrics he sang: "Breast, nurse, Abraham nurse breast, I do, yes." Ahahaha. It cracks me up every time I think about it. And, even though he can pronounce "Abraham" very clearly now, he still often refers to himself with an earlier pronunciation, as he did in this song: Abadaboo!

Another cute thing: he is getting the hang of apologies. If he hurts me, he will often say "sorry." But he also says sorry if he gets hurt. Say I bump him accidentally. He says, "Sorry." Or if he bumps his head on the table or trips on something, he'll say sorry.

Speaking of social graces, he also says please quite regularly and unprompted. And I think he is fast learning that it totally melts my heart and that he will get his way. I need to video this. He'll be yelling, "Pretzel! Pretzel! Pretzel!" and then all of a sudden his voice gets soft and sing-songy and he says "Please pretzel." Okay, it's really more like "peas petzu" but you get the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment