Sunday, December 6, 2009

Thanksgiving post

So for the past couple of weeks, I’ve been thinking about how I want to make a Thanksgiving post, touching on both things that I am thankful for and the holiday events, and yet somehow manage to not make this post too lame or sappy. I have not found a way to do this, which is why I kept putting it off, but the window of time in which that sort of post is relevant is rapidly closing (or already closed), so here goes with it, lame or no.

I am thankful (of course) for my sweet, adorable, best baby in the world.
I am thankful that over the break, I barely had to hold said baby at all. Haha, terrible mother.
I am thankful for many varieties of stuffing and/or dressing and that we got to have TWO Thanksgivings this year. It was really awesome because I love food, and I’m determined to find a way to make this happen every year.
I’m thankful that all the siblings were able to be together for the first time since last December. I’m not thankful that it only lasted a couple of days. Boooo!
I am thankful that we have a house, and cars, and food, and computers with internet.
I am thankful/incredulous/feeling old that we’ll celebrate our 5 year anniversary in a couple weeks. Seriously, married for five years? I MUST be an adult!
I’m thankful for the amazing Baha’i community in Nashville and all the wonderful opportunities for service that I have had (junior youth included, I swear).

I’m thankful for lot of other stuff too, but you get the idea. Holiday events included paintball, football (or in my case, watching paintball and football), food, noodles, more food, a baby photo shoot, looking at pictures, watching Aladdin, sleeping, not sleeping enough, talking, laughing. But no board games or flying kites. Also very little throwing up! It was overall pretty rad.

No comments:

Post a Comment